Dr. Shuting Sun, CEO of BioVinc recently presented an update on the usage of BioVinc’s fluorescent probes at the 50th Anniversary conference for Bisphosphonates organized by Professor Graham Russell. A forthcoming publication will be included in a special issue of the journal BONE, along with other publications on past and present bisphosphonate research initiatives, based on this meeting! Please see the conference website: www.bisphosphonates2019.org. In the meantime, please see our reference list that includes exciting reports on the use of fluorescent bisphosphonate probes ongoing in multiple research laboratories including the following reports.
- Ossified blood vessels in primary familial brain calcification elicit a neurotoxic astrocyte response. Zarb Y, Weber-Stadlbauer U, Kirschenbaum D, Kindler DR, Richetto J, Keller D, Rademakers R, Dickson DW, Pasch A, Byzova T, Nahar K, Voigt FF, Helmchen F, Boss A, Aguzzi A, Klohs J, Keller A. Brain 2019, 142:885-902.
- Zoledronic Acid-containing nanoparticles with minimum premature release show enhanced activity against extraskeletal tumor. Li X, Valdez SA, Alzhrani RF, Hufnagel S, Hursting SD, Cui Z. Applied Materials Interfaces 2019, 11:7311-7319
- Teriparatide attenuates scarring around murine cranial bone allograft via modulation of angiogenesis. Cohn YD, Eliav U, Yalon E, Schary Y, Sheyn D, Cook-Wiens G, Sun S, McKenna CE, Lev S, Binshtok AM, Pelled G, Navon G, Gazit D, Gazit Z. Bone 2017, 97:192-200.
- In vivo distribution of zoledronic acid in a bisphosphonate-metal complex-based nanoparticle formulation synthesized by a reverse microemulsion method. Li X, Naguib YW, Cui Z, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 2017, 526:69–76.
- Bisphosphonate-induced differential modulation of immune cell function in gingiva and bone marrow in vivo: Role in osteoclast-mediated NK cell activation. Tseng HC, Kanayama K, Kaur K, Park SH, Park S, Kozlowska A, Sun S, McKenna CE, Nishimura I, Jewett A. Oncotarget 2015, 6(24): 20002-20025.